الحب الحقيقى
هل تريد التفاعل مع هذه المساهمة؟ كل ما عليك هو إنشاء حساب جديد ببضع خطوات أو تسجيل الدخول للمتابعة.

الحب الحقيقى

منتدى للحب والبحث عن السعاده

الرئيسيةالبوابةأحدث الصورالتسجيلدخول

شوفوا عمل ايه؟

اذهب الى الأسفل 
2 مشترك
كاتب الموضوعرسالة
دمعة شجن
حب حقيقى
حب حقيقى
دمعة شجن

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 1122
العمر : 33
تاريخ التسجيل : 13/12/2007

شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: شوفوا عمل ايه؟   شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Icon_minitimeالإثنين مارس 17, 2008 4:47 pm

Introduction

I am a fan of the Rubik cube. I first got a cube as a 12 year old in England back in 1980 and have been hooked ever since. At my local pub there was a competition for the gentlemen who were regulars to bake a cake. The prize would be awarded on presentation, creativity and taste.
It was my wife's idea to combine my love of the cube with cake making and so was born - The Rubik Cake.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_1
I decided on a simple Victoria sponge cake covered with coloured icing sugar.
Ingredients:
9 eggs
18oz butter
18oz self raising flour
18oz caster sugar
1 jar apricot jam
2 boxes of royal icing
1 black liquid coloring
1 red liquid coloring
1 blue liquid coloring
1 yellow liquid coloring
Box of icing sugar
Total cost: £11.94
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_2
I only had one tin which was suitable. I decided that I needed three layers, each being 120mm by 38mm to form my cube. The extra 6mm came in the form of two 3mm fillings. I made the cake mixture using the normal Victoria sponge method. Of course each layer took an hour, with mixing cooking and cooling.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_3
After 3 hours I had 3 layers suitable for my cube layers.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_4
This was a tricky bit. I had to make sure that each layer was perfectly square. I made a template with a piece of paper and cut the edges off.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_5
Next was the height. This was going to be hard. For the perfect cube look I needed the three pieces to be exactly the same. Luckily the icing sugar box was 38mm high so I used that as a guide.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_6
Three matching pieces.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_7

Pages: 1 2

I wanted the cube to be displayed "in action". So I rotated the middle piece through 45 degrees and the top piece another 45 degrees. I used the apricot jam as a filling to add taste and help them to stick together. Perfect.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_8
Next, the hardest part. I mixed the black liquid food colouring with some of the icing but it just turned grey. I really wanted a black covering, so I covered the whole cube in my grey icing. This turned out to be a bit of a patchwork job, cutting little pieces and sticking them on with melted apricot jam. I then used water to "weld" all the edges together. This whole process took about 2 hours. Once I had done that, I "painted" black colouring directly onto it and it produced a lovely blak finish. I then left it to dry as I did not want it to stain my tiles.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_9
The tiles. I divided the remaining icing into 6 lumps and coloured them.
White - the icing was white already.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_10
Blue, Yellow, Red and Blue were straightforward. Just add colouring and knead in. Keep adding and kneeding until the desired colour is achieved. Orange was a little tricky and involved a combination of red and yellow. Green was blue and yellow.
I then rolled each one out and cut into 35mm cubes.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_11
Now for applying the tiles. I got my cube and randomly scrambled it. I wanted it to be an authentic scramble. Each tile was easy to stick on with water.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_12
More tile application.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_13
Once all the tiles were in place I brushed over the whole cube with water to clean up the icing sugar that was used to roll the icing.
Note real cube next to it.
شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Pts_cube_14
Once dried, it produced a lovely matt finish.
I won the competition beating 11 other cakes. At the end they were all auctioned off for charity and someone bought mine for £20 ($40) and then shared out to everyone in the pub, everyone got a minicube.

شوفوا عمل ايه؟ 11_8_3
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة اذهب الى الأسفل
hamada
حب حقيقى
حب حقيقى
hamada

ذكر
عدد الرسائل : 527
العمر : 38

شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: شوفوا عمل ايه؟   شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Icon_minitimeالإثنين مارس 17, 2008 8:24 pm

ايه الحلاوة ديه مفيش حته بقي ولا ايه ولا هانطلع من المولد بلا حمص
دمعة شجن
حب حقيقى
حب حقيقى
دمعة شجن

انثى
عدد الرسائل : 1122
العمر : 33

شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Empty
مُساهمةموضوع: رد: شوفوا عمل ايه؟   شوفوا عمل ايه؟ Icon_minitimeالثلاثاء مارس 18, 2008 4:52 pm

لا اتفضلها كلها
ولا اقولك ابقى اعملها انت واعزمنا بقى

شوفوا عمل ايه؟
الرجوع الى أعلى الصفحة 
صفحة 1 من اصل 1
 مواضيع مماثلة
-

صلاحيات هذا المنتدى:لاتستطيع الرد على المواضيع في هذا المنتدى
الحب الحقيقى :: منتدى الفرفشه والضحك :: الصور والكاريكتير-
انتقل الى: